The Palo Alto Medical Foundation for Health Care, Research and Education (PAMF) is a not-for-profit health care organization that is a pioneer in the multispecialty group practice of medicine.
PAMF is part of the Sutter Health family of not-for-profit hospitals and physician organizations that share resources and expertise to advance health care quality. Serving more than 100 communities in Northern California, Sutter Health is a regional leader in cardiac care as well as care of women and children, and is a pioneer in advanced patient safety technology.
The business challenge is to provide a user-friendly interface to facilitate the Health Risk and Wellness Assessments online and maintain the Electronic Clinical Decision Support (eCDS) system designed to bridge the gap between clinical knowledge, clinical systems, and clinical workflow.
- To target improved clinical performance by automating risk profiling, patient focused care planning and streamlined workflow.
- To provide critical best-practice clinical information to doctors, healthcare professionals and patients for decision support at the moment of care enable the systematic delivery of individual programs of care
- Goal is to have the payers and providers to implement disease focused programs on a large scale, with efficiencies in reduced human resource and administrative costs
Excellarate started this project with the feasibility study and followed a agile methodology throughout the development lifecycle to deliver the following applications:
- Knowledge management – Rule creation and Content update
- Knowledge delivery –Powerful decision engine (PREDICT)
- Quality assurance – Knowledge integrity
- Assessment Engine – Health Risk (HRA) and Wellness Assessment with Action Plans
- Administration – Security Management and Tracking
- Reporting platform – Financial reports, Aggregated health risk reports, Performance and Recruitment reports
A team of 10 Excellarate professionals were involved in achieving the goal over a period of 18 months. Excellarate manages ongoing maintenance of the system, implementing regular enhancements and upgrades as needed.