iTOi is the brand name for the technology products produced by Orangeberry Corporation, the parent company and developer of SeeiTOi that employs advanced visual optics that enable iPad tablet users to focus on the screen image and the front-facing camera simultaneously. SeeiTOi’s typical end-users are content creators such as real estate agents, doctors (for providing discharge instructions to their patients), and educational institutions.
SeeiTOi’s flagship product iTOi is a mini production studio that lets users create a script, record a video, and post it quickly with an iPad. iTOi allows users to create engaging and immersive videos using just an iPad. It’s a straightforward interface, and simple hardware allows users to focus more on their video content and less on how to do it. Integrating a teleprompter into the app, coupled with simple editing, lets users start creating videos from day one.
On the frontend, SeeiTOi’s existing web application was slow and unresponsive. It also needed a seamless purchase process that hindered scaling their sales and marketing efforts. Their Website required a revamp to be more user-friendly with improved functionality and navigability, one that delivered a better UI/UX.
On the backend, SeeiTOi wanted its infrastructure to scale dynamically to serve any number of users.
The Synerzip team undertook the following development activities:
- Multiple image upload using jquery_ui_fileupload
- Static page website with HTML/CSS/Handlebar JS for new user signup
- Paypal Integration
- FedEx API Integration for hardware shipping
- Subscription model with a time-limit for different plans
- SSL certification integrations using Let’s Encrypt
- Company level customization for different features
- Stripe Integration for collecting payments (Inbuilt shipping and tax integrations)
- Rails app upgrade from 3.1.10 to 126.96.36.199
SeeiTOi has hardware and software components as part of its solution.
- Hardware which is a Video Booth to place the iPad in
- An iOS application to create the video content, and
- A web portal to manage the user content and scripts. Users read the scripts using a teleprompter built into the iOS app.
SeeiTOi also uses various cloud services and infrastructure from Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as CloudWatch and CloudTrail for Logging, Versioning for maintaining versions of images/videos, SNS, and SES. Adding multiple application servers managed by a load balancer and migrating the local database to Amazon RDS significantly improved performance and scalability. This addition of servers helps SeeiTOi handle large requests and scalability based on the number of users at any given time.
Team has also implemented the following AWS services:
- Integrated amazon RDS
- AWS Elasticache – Common session sharing between the two instances
- S3 bucket versioning
- Alarms in AWS to get notifications regarding any service failure
- AirBrake for exception notification within the application.
SeeiTOi’s current website now has a robust infrastructure that can handle more users and scale according to demand. The website now also offers an improved user experience and a fresh UI. These improvements helped SeeiTOi increase ts user base.
- iOS – Objective C
- Push Notifications / DB – MySQL / Amazon RDS
- Infrastructure – AWS EC2, Amazon S3, ELB